One of the challenges of being a business owner is your days are unstructured except for the structure you impose on them yourself. And since there’s always something that needs to get done in the business, it’s easy to get trapped behind my laptop for hours on end, even on the weekend. I realized that I need to schedule in some fun so I get a much needed re-charge at time and enjoy all that the Phoenix area has to offer.
I’ve decided that I’m going to have more fun this spring and make an effort to get out to more events. Here’s what’s on my to-do list this spring.
- Adult’s Night Out at the Arizona Science Center – March 7th
- Art Detour – March 8th and 9th
- The Minimalists Tour Stop at Changing Hands – March 18th
- Arizona Center for Law and Society – Campaign Kick-Off – March 20th
- Highland Games – March 22nd and 23rd
- One Day Without Shoes – April 29th
- Ignite Phoenix #16 – May 2nd
- Lights, Costumes, Music: Patrick Stout’s Piano Concert – May 3rd
- The Night Run 10K – May 10th
- Phoenix Women’s Chorus Concert – May 17th and 18th
- Desert Botanical Gardens Chihuly – Sometime before May 19th
- Phoenix Comicon – June 5th-8th
I also want to learn to do some new things this year. I think I’ll sign up for some lessons this spring.
- Skateboarding – I have a feeling that I might be good at this.
- Golf – I want to learn how to hit a golf ball so I can go to the driving range without making a fool of myself.
- Trapeze – Santa got me two trapeze lessons. This is going to be awesome!
There’s one more thing I really want to do this spring – take a day trip to Jerome. I’ve heard it’s a charming place. I think it would be fun to go up there for lunch and to wander around the shops for a few hours.
So that’s what’s on my fun to-do list for the next few months. If there’s anything you want to do with me, let me know!