Today’s sponsor is ThinkGeek, online retail store loved by computer and science geeks. ThinkGeek sells the Yoda Backpack, the Pi t-shirt, and the ultimate Star Trek Red Shirt; however, they also have a host of products that are pure awesome, even to normal people. Here are some of my favorites:
- Executive Sand Timer: These elegant sand timers actually run out in about an hour. I would have loved to have had one when I was a therapist.
- USB Monster Hub: There are days that I use all 4 USB ports on my laptop, with more devices I could be attaching to my machine. This hub gives you 24 ports! If the Monster Hub is overwhelming, ThinkGeek has the 7-port USB Octopus too.
- Self Stirring Mug: I have always wanted a mug like this. It’s perfect for stirring the cream and sugar into my coffee or mixing my hot chocolate.
- All Things Caffeine: People who work hard and play hard often need an energy boost to get through the day. ThinkGeek has an incredible selection of caffeinated products including candy, soap, nixie tubes, and Bawls – ThinkGeek’s favorite caffeinated soda. For people who are bacon aficionados, they have a line of bacon products too.
- USB Heated Blanket: Last summer I worked in an office where an air vent blew cold air on me all day. It was 110 degrees outside but about 60 degrees at my desk. At the time, I considered getting a Snuggie, but I would have contemplated this instead if I knew that it existed.
- X-mini Capsule Speaker: Music is one of my passions but wearing earbuds all day is painful and antisocial. This tiny speaker is capable of producing a huge sound. It would be perfect for listening to my iPod.
- USB LED Beverage Cooler: This is the perfect device for chilling my favorite afternoon beverage.
- Onion Goggles: I have these and they are a must-have for anyone who enjoys cooking. The goggles seal off your eyes so the fumes from the onions can’t make you cry.
- FreeLoader Solar Charger: I run my life through my phone and it generally needs to be recharged during the day. This charger is the best way to recharge any device without needing an electrical outlet or USB port.
- Laser Stars Projector: I have insomnia, usually when I can’t turn off my brain. This projector turns a dark room into a glorious display of stars and clouds that constantly move and morph. I could fall asleep under the calmness of this display every night.
Today is also the annual No Pants Light Rail Ride in Arizona, which is part of the Global No Pants Ride. My thanks to ThinkGeek for providing my underwear for this event. ThinkGeek has created a special promotional code in honor of this event, just for Sponsor A Law Kid readers. Use the code NOPANTS to get $10 off orders over $50.
Sponsor A Law Kid is my endeavor to pay for my last semester of law school. Today’s sponsor is ThinkGeek. For more information about Sponsor A Law Kid or to see what days are still available for sponsorship, visit my Sponsor A Law Kid page.
- ThinkGeek Makes Joke a Reality with iPad Arcade Peripheral (escapistmagazine.com)
- ThinkGeek Joystick-It brings arcade-style fun to your otherwise mundane tablet gaming experience (engadget.com)
- ThinkGeek Synthesizer Shirt (wiretotheear.com)